I started this blog in my few days in Chicago before my adventure to Japan for the spring semester in 2014 at OGU, with the hopes that I would dutifully document my stories so that I may share with family, friends, and anyone else who might stumble across this page.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Ainu Performance




This is an Ainu performance I saw during a field trip for one of my audit classes. The Ainu people were the original inhabitants of the Japanese islands and were forced further and further north by a second group of people, very much like the Native Americans  in the United States. Also like the Native Americans, their culture has almost been completely destroyed by policies of the Japanese government.

Later, I will post a link where you can go to find out more about this group. For now, please show this video clip with your friends. If you are interested in helping promoting awareness of the Ainu people and other minority groups in Japan, please contact me by email at digfreak@gmail.com and I will do my best to point you in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment