I started this blog in my few days in Chicago before my adventure to Japan for the spring semester in 2014 at OGU, with the hopes that I would dutifully document my stories so that I may share with family, friends, and anyone else who might stumble across this page.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Missing

To those of you who actually followed my posts when I started making them this January, I apologize for the long absence from this site. I have not been missing out on adventures, but you have missed hearing and seeing them on this page. The last contiguous blog post I made was on the morning of February 27, after talking to my step-cousin, Will, in England over Skype. I took the photos for the blog with Will and Alex in mind, remembering our trips to castles in England, and their school meet in which one of the teams had the same name as one of the castles (Warwick), and I put them up on the blog for him to see the flowers and castles of another country, on the other side of the planet. Will never got to see them because he never woke up after talking with me.

So I will do my best to fill in the missing steps of my adventures over the last 3 months, including my spring break to Kyushu which changed a part of me forever, my famous daily stroll/run from home to the train station, and my extensive tracking of my flight to Hokkaido with just a camera and a tourist map.


Here is one step which I took today:

Last night, after a day full of bleak outlooks on my summer's future, I discovered there was to be an Environmental Geography seminar held in the Environmental Sciences building today. Not knowing any people in the department or meeting, I ventured in 10 minutes before the presentation and was allowed by the group of confused academics to sit and listen. After reading the word GEOtiff on the board, I couldn't keep a smile off my face, and when looking through the packets pictured below, I had to stop myself from crying, because it was just so wonderful to read language I can understand, as in "Raster Layers," "SfM," "UAV," and my ultimate chocolate bunny - "DEM."


No comments:

Post a Comment