I started this blog in my few days in Chicago before my adventure to Japan for the spring semester in 2014 at OGU, with the hopes that I would dutifully document my stories so that I may share with family, friends, and anyone else who might stumble across this page.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Globalization

The terrible part about the website Facebook, is that it is a very easy outlet for a bored mind, sick of the 26 pages assigned as catch-up work for entering a language class a semester late, using a book with absolutely no English and extremely little explanation of the concepts.

The best part about Facebook is that it connects people across the world to an unimaginable extent. Across walls of language, space, and even a little time, we can reach and communicate with each other. Globalization through the internet can be a harmful instance in many cases, bullying being one. However, it can also spread the word of old friends, who have not actually seen or conversed with each other in years.

Tonight, as I struggled with focusing on homework in a country that I barely understand, I was once again motivated to continue my work progress forward into my life thanks to a message sent over the wires and satellites from State College, Pennsylvania. 

I also know that the next winter I spend in Fairbanks, Alaska, I will be taking a day trip to Chena Hot Springs.

Rest in peace, Charles Phillippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment